Edward H. Kass Medical Research Award
Since 1990 APF’s Edward H. Kass Fund has sponsored an annual competitive research award, to be granted to an outstanding young Israeli physician conducting research in Israel at a medical institution, hospital or university.
The amount of this award is $10,000, which may be used solely for the expenses of the project. No overhead or administrative fees may be deducted.
- The candidate must have graduated medical school within the last ten years.
- Priority will be given to a candidate whose potential in basic medical research can be significantly enhanced by the award.
- Particular attention will be given to candidates whose research is in molecular biology, immunology and any related fields.
The following credentials must be sent to our US office.
- A project proposal of no more than 4 pages, including a brief summary and description of the goals, methods, scientific background and potential significance of the project
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A passport-size photograph
- A proposed budget and projected timetable
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One from the Head of the candidate’s Medical Institution, Research Facility/Dean
- One from a faculty colleague familiar with the candidate’s work
The deadline for applications is March 15th.
For further information, please contact the APF office by
e-mail at email@example.com or call 617-232-5382.